Bell School House
Bell School ca. 1841 was so named because of a bell in its tower. The original name of the school was Sandy Hill Academy. In the early 1900s Bell School was renamed Alumni Hall with a Library on the second floor and a community hall on the first floor. During the Westport Fair and Cattle Show held at the Head from 1911-1930, Bell School was used as an Agricultural Hall for Fair exhibits. The Westport Fair and Cattle Show was the forerunner of the present Westport Agricultural Fair. Presently (2003) the Bell School is the home of the Westport Historical Society.