Handy House – Exploring History through Artifacts!
Exploring History through Artifacts!
Your students will:
- Handle historic artifacts; learn their use and construction.
- Participate in archaeological digs.
- Learn about Georgian, Federal, and Greek Revival architecture.
- Learn about the Wampanoag & Acoaxet people.
- Learn about Westport history.
Location: Handy House, 202 Hix Bridge Road, Westport, MA
Length: 60 – 90 minutes.
All activities are linked to Common Core Standards.
Opportunities for public, private schools, homeschooling, after-school programs, and camps.
Opportunities to earn badges for Girl Scouts (including Daisies, Brownies, Juniors, Cadettes, Seniors, & Ambassadors), Cub Scouts and Boy Scouts.
Season Schedule: Monday – Friday, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm, April 1 – mid-November by appt.
Please call for evening and weekend availability.
Contact: Kathleen McAreavey, Manager of Education Programs
Submit visit request form:
Cost: Free to all Westport 3rd graders. All lessons linked to Massachusetts Our Home textbook.
$2/ Westport child/student
$3/Massachusetts resident child/student
$4/Rhode Island resident child/student
$5/adult; teacher and one chaperone free/group