Lees Wharf Building
Lees Wharf Building located at the north end of Westport Bridge was built in the 1740s as a ship repair and cargo storage facility. Will Whalon leased the building from the Howland family in 1900 and sold fishing gear and staples. Al Lees Sr. purchased Whalon’s business in 1929. The senior Mr. Lees also served the town as drawtender of the Westport Bridge from 1930 to 1960.