[Photo courtesy of the NBWM ]
Isaac Cory built this store in the late 1820’s in order to move the expanding business from his home at 2039 Main Road. It was central to the commercial life of Westport Point. The store was on the first floor, a milliner’s and tailor shop were on the second, and the third floor was a sail loft and a rigging storeroom. There was also a post office on the premises from 1840 to 1887.
[Cory house – Photo by Jon Alden]