The Westport Factory
Posted on December 23, 2003 by Bette DeVeuve
In 1850 the Westport Factory was making twine, mops, and wicking from cotton waste from Fall River’s textile mills. Water from Lake Noquochoke powered the Factory; the pond and dam controlling that water flow still can be seen. Westport Factory was the largest area employer for 75 years until it closed in 1937.