Watuppa Railroad Line
Posted on October 7, 2003 by Jack DeVeuve
In 1875 the Watuppa Line, a steam-powered railroad, operated between Fall River and New Bedford. One of its four stops was at Westport Factory on Highland Avenue. In the 1890s an electric trolley replaced the steam railroad. Its track ran down the center of today’s Route 6. The electric trolley operated until 1933.