Now and Then, Images of Westport 100 Years Apart
This is an evolving series of images using postcards from our collection. Check back soon to view more Now and Then images as they are added to our website.
(Thanks to Ray Shaw for many of the “now” photographs)
This is 552 Old County Road, at the Head of Westport built in 1843, the house was used as a hospital for seriously ill patients.
The Stone House at the Head of Westport
The Bell School, our HQ.
504 Old County Road
Old County Road, looking west.
Old County Road, looking east.
This house located at 464 Old County Road Westport was originally a store located on the triangle where the Powder House now sits.
This is 498 Old County Road, Westport MA. Built in 1775 by “smuggler” or coastal trader John Gifford. It remained in the Gifford family until the 1970s.
The corner of Old County Road and Drift Road.
Upper Drift Road.
Westport Factory church on Union Ave
Sheldon Residence ,Westport Point
Westport Point School
Point of Rocks
Elephant Rock Beach
The old town hall
The old high school, now the Town Hall annex
Forge Road Mill
Adamsville mill pond